Some people are hesitant to give injectables a try because they are unfamiliar with the process, the product, and have been provided with incorrect information. Here are 26 facts about cosmetic injectables and why you should consider using it in the future.
Botox is the most common and popular form of cosmetic filler in the country. When someone mentions “Botox” people immediately know what it does. Botox is injected to reduce the look of facial wrinkles, especially in the uppermost third of the face.
- Botox can be used to treat wrinkles, frown lines, and crow’s feet.
- Botox can also be used as a treatment for migraines and excessive sweating.
- Botox usually lasts between 3-6 months and you will need to return for treatments.
- There are approximately 5.7 million Botox patients in the United States.
- Botulinum toxin is injected into the muscles under the wrinkles to cause relaxation resulting in the smoothing of the overall appearance of the skin.
Check out these 5 Myths About Botox.
Restylane has been used in over 28 million treatments worldwide and is a line of hyaluronic acid fillers to help smooth away wrinkles and fine lines. Restylane is also commonly used to add lift and volume to cheeks and lips.
- Restylane can be used to treat tear troughs, laugh lines, lip lines, and also for lip augmentation.
- Restylane last between 6 months to a year and you will need to return for treatments.
- Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that is found in all living organisms.
Juvederm is a cross-linked hyaluronic acid dermal filler that’s commonly used to correct or lessen the effects of moderate or severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Juvederm is best for wrinkles in the lower third of the face. This includes laugh lines, marionette lines, parentheses, lip lines, and for lip augmentation.
- Juvederm usually last between 6 months to a year.
- Some Juvederm products contain lidocaine for a more comfortable injection.
- Possible side effects include redness, tenderness, swelling, itching, and slight bruising.
Radiesse is a sub dermal implant used to correct or treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. It’s composed of synthetic calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres, which are suspended in a water-based gel.
- Radiesse can be used to treat deep laugh lines, cheekbones, saggy cheeks, deep marionette lines and for loss of volume in the mid-face.
- Radiesse can last up to a year or more, especially when small touch-ups are done periodically.
- Radiesse stimulates the production of natural collagen that allows the results to last a longer period of time. In fact, the results can be seen almost immediately.
- For most patients, there’s little to no recovery time after Radiesse injections.
Belotero is a hyaluronic acid-based cohesive gel derma filler designed to create and deliver a natural look with little recovery time.
- Belotero is used to treat fine superficial lines including face and lip line wrinkles.
- It is not commonly used for deep folds or wrinkles.
- Belotero usually last between 6-8 months.
- Americans spent more than $13.5 billion on combined surgical and nonsurgical procedures in 2015.
- In 2011, there were approximately 12.2 million cosmetic minimally invasive procedures done.
- There was a 6% increase in the number of cosmetic minimally invasive procedures from 2010 to 2011.
- Since 1997, there has been a 754% increase in the number of cosmetic minimally invasive procedures.
- Cosmetic procedures have increased by 39% since 2011.
- Injectables saw a 21% increase in 2015.
- The top five nonsurgical procedures in 2015 were: Botulinum Toxin (4,267,038 procedures) Hyaluronic Acid (2,148,326 procedures) Hair Removal (1,136,834 procedures) Chemical Peel (603,305 procedures) Microdermabrasion (557,690 procedures)
Cosmetic injectables continue to be an easy and quick way to give yourself a more youthful appearance —while only paying a fraction of the cost compared to a traditional facelift or similar procedure. The treatment is simple and fast, and results can be seen almost immediately. While each injectable has its own purpose, it’s important to ensure the procedure is being done correctly. Make sure you’re working with a licensed medical professional.
Contact one of our professionals here at Pure Luxe Medical and schedule your appointment today and let’s get the appearance you’ve always wanted.