Pre & Post Care for Botox & Fillers
For filler treatments, no dentist appointments 2 weeks before and 2 weeks afterward.
We recommend to schedule your Botox/Dysport appointment 2 to 3 weeks before an important event.
Please schedule botox appointments two weeks before an important event and schedule filler appointments a month before an important event.
There is always a potential risk for bruising or swelling for Botox and fillers. To prevent potential bruising or swelling we recommend the following:
- Take Arnica tablets two days before and after to prevent potential bruising and swelling. You may purchase Arnica here at the office or at Whole Foods.
- No alcohol 24 hours before and 24 hours afterward.
- Avoid herbal supplements such as Ginkgo, green tea, and anti-inflammatories of any kind for 2 weeks before and following treatment to limit bruising.
- For the first 5-6 hours following Botox/Dysport, remain upright.
- Do not participate in activities that include heavy lifting, vigorous exercise, or straining for 2-3 hours (it takes approximately 2-3 hours for Botox/Dysport to bind to the nerve and you do not want to increase circulation during that time).
- Do not rub, touch, or manipulate Botox/Dysport for 6 hours.
- Avoid irritating products for 24 hours following Botox/Dysport.
- Make-up may be applied gently before leaving, remember to wipe up and away from your eyes or brows.
- Bruising in the area injected is normal and often expected, especially if treated around the eyes. Bruising can last up to several weeks. Using and taking Arnica may help diminish bruising.
- It may take up to 14 days for Botox/Dysport to take full effect.
- A follow-up visit at 2 weeks is suggested to assess results for subsequent treatments, particularly if you are a first-time client. If full correction is not achieved, you will need to purchase additional Botox/Dysport for a dosage adjustment.
- Re-treatment is typically needed between 2-6 months.
Before IPL & Laser Skin Resurfacing
No retinol, no exfoliating products, no benzoyl peroxide, no acids, no sun exposure or tanning products two weeks prior. Numbing cream is an additional $16 per session.
New patients must complete consent forms prior to appointment. Traffic is back to normal. Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment time.
We offer numbing cream for filler and laser treatments. Numbing for laser treatments is an additional $16.
After Botox & Fillers
If you received an injectable treatment, we’ll send you home with some ice. Keep the ice on the area of treatment directly after, and continue icing throughout the next few hours in intervals of 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. This will help with any potential swelling. We also recommend post-procedure products for hydration and collagen production.
After IPL & Laser Skin Resurfacing
If you received laser treatment, we recommend post-procedure products for faster healing time.